Mafalde Bolognese Sauce- Meat Sauce
Recipe: Mafalde with Bolognese Sauce – Meat Sauce
Summary: Mafalde Bolognese Sauce is a hearty, rich , flavorful and filling meat sauce. This is comfort food to me. This dish is even better the next day.
- 1 lb of Mafalde Pasta. (or your choice of pasta)
- ½ lb beef
- ½ lb veal
- ½ lb sausage, no casing.
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- about 5 cloves of sliced garlic
- ¼ cup heavy cream- (optional)
- 2 large cans of whole tomato’s , Crushed tomatoes works fine too. So your preference.
- Salt, pepper, and if you like crushed red chili’s. Adjust to your liken.
- Grated cheese ( optional) to your liking.
- In medium large 4 inch deep pan add a drizzle of olive oil all 3 meats and a healthy pinch of salt.
- Mix. High heat.
- When meat is all cooked put in a strainer to get out all water and fat. Leave alone.
- In the same pan you just browned the meat add a touch of olive oil.
- High heat, add carrots, onion, and garlic.
- Stir, add healthy pinch of salt and pepper.
- Saute veggies till tender .
- Add 2 cans of sauce, bring to a boil “bubble” and then turn heat to low.
- Simmer for about 1 hour or so . The longer you simmer the sauce the more water will be evaporated and that will result in a more concentrated sauce.
- Bring large pot of water to boil. (for pasta)
- Add pasta to boiling salted water. (follow cooking directions on pasta box)
- Now combine meat into the pan of tomato sauce.
- cook for another 15-20 minutes or so.
- At the very end now add the heavy cream and stir.
- Taste and re season if necessary.
- In a large bowl, add cooked, strained pasta.
- Add tomato sauce to bowl and dress pasta lightly.
- Now plate pasta on dish and spoon over a good size portion of bolgnese/ meat sauce on top.
- Grated cheese.
Cooking Times/Difficulty Levels
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Difficulty Level: Easy to Medium
Recipe by StonedChef.com